[Live-devel] Creating multiple OpenRtspClient [ or destroying current client in a proper way ]

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Thu Dec 8 06:16:05 PST 2011

I too am having difficulty shutting down in my rtspclients . When I went to async, I ended up with things happening after the dtor occasionaly or a memory leak. I realized the OpenRTSP test app avoids this with an exit, which is not an option from me.

I need one app that manages multiple concurrent RTSP connections that may independently go up and down at will as well as on demand. 100's or even thousands of RTSP sources! Refactoring for multiple processes is not in the budget.

I think this is a great library but I must take exception to the gmail statement, I have seen it many times before on this list and I think it is just no longer true. (Kinda like how you couldn't validate your new VISA card with a cell phone in the past.)  I have my old earthlink account, but that is tied to one machine. I have the email of my current job and I have a long standing gmail that I use for everything else because it works on every computer and my smartphone. I had originally wished I signed up for this email list on gmail so I didn't have to drive 10 miles to see if there had been a reply (or Remote desktop or otherwise POLL for a response) until I saw these statements.  I do NOT want this to start a big conversation on gmail vs foo and pollute this list, I just want point out that statement may need to be re-evaluated. Gmail it is not Hotmail, and the Generally speaking conclusion has no relation to a persons email address.  (jshanab42 at gmail.com)