[Live-devel] mpeg2transportstreamfromessource

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 14 13:00:57 PST 2011

> Is there anything that can cause MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource to disable the PES headers?

No; it automatically adds a PES header at the front of each chunk of data, before writing it to the resulting Transport Stream.  The PES headers will be there; you just need to look closer :-)

FYI, note that we have a demo application "testH264VideoToTransportStream" - in "testProgs" - that will convert a H.264 Elementary Stream file into a Transport Stream.  If you run this application on a H.264 file that you've gotten from your decoder, you should get a playable Transport Stream file.

(The main difference between "testH264VideoToTransportStream" and your application is that your application's input source delivers discrete H.264 frames, and so does not need a 'framer' class.)