[Live-devel] SET_PARAMETER doesn't get handled in the RTSPServer over TCP

Jer Morrill Jeremiah.Morrill at econnect.tv
Mon Dec 19 15:08:13 PST 2011

Many apologies if this is a dupe, I don't think I properly signed up for the list before sending this earlier so I'm not sure if the email was "lost" or not.

First I want to thank everyone involved in this project for such a high quality library.  This is surely open-source done right!

I am running the 12-2-2011 build of Live555.  When I run RTSPClient::sendSetParameter(...) with a session that is running UDP to a live555 server implementation, the server parses and successfully runs the RTSPClientSession:: handleCmd_SET_PARAMETER (overridden in a subclass).  If I run RTSPClient:sendSetParameter(...) with a session that is running via TCP, it does not ever get to the RTSPClientSession::handleCmd_SET_PARAMETER.  Seems sending trickplay commands work fine in both TCP and UDP.

I've searched the email list and found a few issues similar to this that were fixed, but couldn't find anyone reporting this afterwards.  I can provide more debug details if needed, but it seems RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession::handleRequestBytes(...) doesn't successfully parse the full SET_PARAMETER command when using TCP (or is a symptom of something else).

Thanks for any help and again, for the wonderful code!

-Jer