[Live-devel] SET_PARAMETER doesn't get handled in the RTSPServer over TCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 19 15:44:37 PST 2011

> I am running the 12-2-2011 build of Live555.  When I run RTSPClient::sendSetParameter(…) with a session that is running UDP to a live555 server implementation, the server parses and successfully runs the RTSPClientSession:: handleCmd_SET_PARAMETER (overridden in a subclass).  If I run RTSPClient:sendSetParameter(…) with a session that is running via TCP, it does not ever get to the RTSPClientSession::handleCmd_SET_PARAMETER.  Seems sending trickplay commands work fine in both TCP and UDP.

That's strange.  (It's especially strange that other commands - e.g., "PLAY" - work OK for you in RTP-over-TCP mode, but that "SET_PARAMETER" does not.)

> I can provide more debug details if needed

Yes, please add
#define DEBUG 1
to the start of "liveMedia/RTSPServer.cpp", recompile and rerun your server, and access it both with a RTP-over-UDP client, and with a RTP-over-TCP client.  Please send us the debugging output in each case.