[Live-devel] SET_PARAMETER doesn't get handled in the RTSPServer over TCP

Jer Morrill Jeremiah.Morrill at econnect.tv
Mon Dec 19 17:25:29 PST 2011

Thanks for the quick response!

I have attached a client debug output and server debug output text files (hope that's ok for this list).  These are from the same rtsp session.

Though the log does say RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession::handleRequestBytes(...) does say "parseRTSPRequestString() succeed...", it does not pass the next check:

if (ptr + newBytesRead < tmpPtr + 2 + contentLength) break; // we still need more data; subsequent reads will give it to us

At the point of the content length check the buffer looks like this:

SET_PARAMETER rtsp://127.0.0.1/media?dev=1&source=archive&startTime=129661319116046065/ RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 6

The complete command should also have (\r's and \n's excluded):
GotoTime: 1234567890

It does get these "GotoTime..." bytes afterwards the next calls to "handleRequestBytes", but the server never successfully parses the SET_PARAMETER command in RTP over TCP.  Totally weird other messages get through just fine.

Thanks again for all your help!  Hope this is reproducible for you as I hate to send anyone on a wild goose chase!

-Jer