[Live-devel] Live555 EventLoop Crash

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 21 04:48:11 PST 2011

> Yes, I am trying to stream H.264 compressed live images from my camera sensor which are 2144x1944 pixels, so just under 5MegaPixels.

I'm not sure what that translates into in terms of "bytes", but (as noted several times already on this mailing list) you really shouldn't be streaming a very large frame as a single NAL unit.  Instead, if your encoder supports this, you should encoder large frames into multiple NAL units ('slices'), and deliver/stream each NAL unit individually.

> I’m using h264videoStreamFramer

That's your problem.  Because your "StreamSource" object is delivering discrete NAL units (in this case, discrete frames, where each frame is a single NAL unit) - i.e., delivering one NAL unit at a time - then you should be using "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer".

Just make sure that your encoded NAL units *do not* begin with a 'start code' (0x00000001 or 0x000001).

("H264VideoStreamFramer" is used when your input source is a *byte stream* - e.g., from a H.264 Elementary Stream video *file*.)