[Live-devel] Live555 EventLoop Crash

David J Myers david.myers at panogenics.com
Wed Dec 21 06:22:02 PST 2011

>> So I've tried using H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer and removing the first
4 bytes (which is always 00 00 00 01) from the encoded frame data, but this
fails with the output:-

>> Warning: Invalid 'nal_unit_type': 0.

>OK, that means that your encoder is producing invalid H.264 output.

>> I'm guessing that my encoded output frame data is not just one NAL unit
but a bunch of them.

>That would not explain the "Invalid 'nal_unit_type': 0" error.  There is
something else wrong with your encoded data.

There can't be much wrong with my encoded data because it displays fine in
VLC (apart from some frames being truncated) when I use
H264VideoStreamFramer instead of H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer.

-David