[Live-devel] Live555 EventLoop Crash

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 21 06:33:45 PST 2011

> There can’t be much wrong with my encoded data because it displays fine in VLC (apart from some frames being truncated) when I use H264VideoStreamFramer instead of H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer.

Well, a "nal_unit_type" of 0 is definitely wrong.  But if only a few of the encoded NAL units have this (incorrect) value, then that should not prevent your streaming from working, if you use "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer".

The message
	"Warning: Invalid 'nal_unit_type': 0"
that "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer" prints is merely that - a warning.  It will not cause your streaming to 'fail'.

But to clear this up, please create an example file (including start codes) that "displays fine in VLC (apart from some frames being truncated)", put it online, and send us the URL, so we can download and test it for ourselves.