[Live-devel] Live555 EventLoop Crash

David J Myers david.myers at panogenics.com
Wed Dec 21 06:49:19 PST 2011

On further examination of my encoded frame data, it looks like an I-frame
consists of 3 NAL units, each preceded by 00 00 00 01, the first NALU is 17
bytes long, the second NALU is 9 bytes long, and the 3rd NALU is the rest of
the frame size. Each P-frame is just one NALU.

My code is now using H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer and sending each NAL unit
one by one. So each I-Frame is sent with 3 calls to afterGetting(this). Each
P-frame takes only one call to aftergetting(this). However this does not
seem to be acceptable to a VLC client as a decent RTSP stream. Is this not
an acceptable way to drive the stream?

-David