[Live-devel] How to disable RTCP timestamp calculations on single-stream sessions? [OpenRtspClient]

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Dec 22 06:49:00 PST 2011

> My RTSP Source's  RTCP SR  are not reliable...

You are probably mistaken.

> So calculated timestamps frequently resulting in large negative jumps.

Let me guess: You're receiving H.264 (or MPEG) video that uses "P" (prediction) frames.  For video streams like this, frames are sent (and thus received) in 'decoding order' - i.e., the order that they will be fed to a decoder, not 'presentation order' - the order that they will be displayed on the screen.  In this case, it is normal (and expected) that the received frames' presentation times will not all be monotonically increasing.  The incoming frames should be fed into your decoder in the order that they arrive, but their presentation times will tell you when they should be displayed.

But in any case, RTCP is an important part of the RTP/RTCP protocol, and should not be disabled.