[Live-devel] How to disable RTCP timestamp calculations on single-stream sessions? [OpenRtspClient]

Novalis Vapuru 6.45.vapuru at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 07:15:22 PST 2011

Thanks...

You are right It is not a good idea to ignore RTCP corrections...

I have no problem with viewing...I just push incoming streams [ since
they are from real time ip camera ] to decoder than viewer, I can see
the video
Since my rtsp source is in real time i do not insert any time-stamp or
presentation time before sending them to decoder...

My timestamps problems start when i try to write them to
MP4[container]  file using an  MP4 muxer...
Because of MP4 container format i have set their presentation time to
muxer otherwise i have a broken MP4 file...

so first i calculate firstPresentationTime

TIMEVAL_TO_REFERENCE_TIME(presentationTime); // at first frame[key frame]

then push muxer  other frames time stamps as follow

TIMEVAL_TO_REFERENCE_TIME(presentationTime) - firstPresentationTime;

Jeremy Noring warn me about my  TIMEVAL_TO_REFERENCE_TIME so i fixit
:(there is overflow) as

#define TIMEVAL_TO_REFERENCE_TIME(x) (((__int64)x.tv_sec * 1000000) +
x.tv_usec) * 10

For now it seems to work in a correct way...

But anyway if anybody write h264 stream to MP4 container using a MP4
muxer, i will like to hear their advices about timestamps
calculations.

Best Wishes