[Live-devel] Video file duration problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 23 07:31:27 PST 2011

> I have a problem with the recorded video file duration.
> I use openRTSP with the "-d" parameter.
> For exemple when I set "-d 30" my video file duration is around 53 seconds.
> Does the stream quality can influence my record duration ? Beacause when I look for the video recorded it seems to lag.

You didn't say what "openRTSP" options you used to record your file, but I'm assuming that you used the "-4" or "-q" options to record to a ".mp4" or ".mov"-format file.  Note that if you use these options, then the
	-f <frame-rate>
option is very important.  Otherwise the file will be written assuming a frame rate of 15 frames-per-second, which is probably not what you want in your case.