[Live-devel] Simple Filter leading to a CODEC

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 1 08:05:48 PST 2011

>This is a brand new codec, so I'll need to specify an RTP payload
>for that.  It's for low bitrate high packet loss networks, and works
>off of single frame encoding, because a dropped iFrame is not
>desirable.

OK, let us know when you've submitted an Internet Draft that
describes your proposed RTP payload format, and then I'll help you
implement it using the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" libraries.  (This
implementation would be (at least) a subclass of "MultiFramedRTPSink"
(for sending RTP), and a subclass of "MultiFramedRTPSource" (for
receiving RTP).)

(It's going to be interesting to see how you come up with a
single-frame video encoding that's also low-bitrate, because those
two usually don't go together.)