[Live-devel] iPhone CAN"T play the TS files generated by testH264VideoToTransportStream

Dunling Li dli at Cernium.com
Tue Feb 1 10:00:28 PST 2011

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your useful guide. Here is my situation:

We use HTTP live streaming to send TS files to iphone. Our sever is
lighttpd. We split our a video clip into multiple 4 seconds h264 files,
then convert them to TS files in the server for streaming. We have
simple h264 to TS convertor (not sufficient) which allow us to see video
clips on iphone. The iphone uses mobile quick time video player. I sent
you one of our h264 video clip before, we stream 5 or 6 similar files
once. Our goal is to use live555 library to replace our current
h264-to-TS convertor. We converted those h264 files to TS files using
testH264VideoToTransportStream, the TS files are good for VLC and media
player. However, we manually put the converted TS files to our lighttpd
server for streaming, iphone can not display any TS video clips from
testH264VideoToTransportStream. Can you advice me how to fix it?

Many thanks
Dunling

P.S. Probably HTTP live streaming validator adds too much distraction
here.
The HTTP live streaming validator is a development tool on MAC, the link
below shows some details:
http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#technotes/tn2010/tn2235.html. I
am new in MAC development. I haven't found any explanation about the
posted errors form validator in http://developer.apple.com/devforums/.