[Live-devel] iPhone CAN"T play the TS files generated by testH264VideoToTransportStream

Dunling Li dli at Cernium.com
Fri Feb 4 12:58:05 PST 2011

Ross,
Thanks for your suggestions.
Dunling

-----Original Message-----
From: live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com
[mailto:live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com] On Behalf Of Ross Finlayson
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 8:06 PM
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] iPhone CAN"T play the TS files generated by
testH264VideoToTransportStream

>We converted those h264 files to TS files using
>testH264VideoToTransportStream, the TS files are good for VLC and media
>player. However, we manually put the converted TS files to our lighttpd
>server for streaming, iphone can not display any TS video clips from
>testH264VideoToTransportStream. Can you advice me how to fix it?

No, because I don't know what the problem is.  How could I possible
know why the iPhone is not playing your streams?

I suggest that you ask an appropriate Apple QuickTime Streaming
mailing list what - if anything - might be wrong with the Transport
Stream files (you'll need to give them an example) that might be
making the iPhone unhappy.

The only thing I can suggest is that instead of starting with
multiple 4-second H.264 files, and converting each of those to
Transport Stream files, you might be better off converting a single
(entire) H.264 file into a Transport Stream file, and then splitting
the resulting Transport Stream file into 4-second components.  That
might make the iPhone happier.  But who knows...