[Live-devel] iPhone CAN"T play the TS files generated by testH264VideoToTransportStream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 4 15:41:44 PST 2011

>On 1/31/2011 4:23 PM, Dunling Li wrote:
>>I use testH264VideoToTransportStream to generate some TS files. None of
>>them can be played in iPhone.
>
>QuickTime can't do that on desktop platforms, either.

The original poster's original message was a bit unclear, but he
later clarified it.  He wasn't really talking about playing Transport
Stream files natively on the iPhone.  Instead, he was talking about
streaming (segmented) Transport Stream files *to* the iPhone, using
Apple's new "HTTP Live Streaming" hack.  He wanted to know why the
iPhone wouldn't render such streams, when their Transport Stream
files had been generated by our "testH264VideoToTransportStream" demo
application.

But in any case, this subject is OFF TOPIC for this mailing list
(unless and until someone suggests a specific change to our 'H.264 to
Transport Stream' conversion mechanism that is likely to make the
iPhone happier about playing such streams).