[Live-devel] Routing

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 8 17:16:26 PST 2011

>    I have OpenRTSP running on PC "A" and an OnDemandRTSPServer
>running on PC "B".
>    PC "A" with NIC set up with IP 192.168.2.27 SNM 255.255.255.0 GW
>192.168.2.1
>    PC "B" with NIC set up with IP 192.168.7.2   SNM 255.255.255.0 GW
>192.168.7.1
>
>    In this scenario, is there a chance that OpenRTSP could receive a stream?

Whether or not there is connectivity between these two computers
depends *entirely* on (1) the computers' operating systems, and (2)
the network, router(s)/firewall(s)/NAT(s) between them.
Application-level software (like "openRTSP") has no control over this.

>    I tried with both RTP over UDP and RTP over TCP with no success.
>    Using JPerf I checked with success the transmission of many
>32Kbyte sized UDP packets on ports 4095, 53800 and 63400.

Even though UDP works, perhaps TCP doesn't?

You probably have a firewall somewhere that's blocking TCP connections.