[Live-devel] Streaming with live555 using named pipes with dm6467

Rafael Madeira rafael.madeira at idea-ip.com
Thu Feb 17 12:10:50 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying send TS content generated by my DM6467 enconder application.
Currently, i send TS data through a named pipe to
"testMPEG2TransportStreamer" modified live555 program. Then i try see, in
real time, encoded data on VLC.

Everything works fine when i save a ".ts" file on hard disk and then send to
VLC.

But doing a "real time" comunication between Live555 and my app even with
RTP or RTSP protocol i can't see anything in VLC. VLC reports (through its
debug interface) a lot of Ts discontinuity and/or TS duplicate.

Anyone knows what i could be doing wrong? Is that the best way to use
Live555 as a live streamer??

Tanks in advance.

--
Att,