[Live-devel] Why no file testH264VideoToDarwin. cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 4 01:16:15 PST 2011

>Why no file testH264VideoToDarwin. cpp ?

Because our support for streaming from raw H.264 video files is very
recent, but the "test*toDarwin" demo applications were developed
several years ago.

Also, as we note clearly in comments near the top of the file
"testMPEG4VideoToDarwin.cpp":

////////// NOTE //////////
// This demo software is provided only as a courtesy to those
developers who - for whatever reason - wish
// to send outgoing streams through a separate Darwin Streaming
Server.  However, it is not necessary to use
// a Darwin Streaming Server in order to serve streams using
RTP/RTSP.  Instead, the "LIVE555 Streaming Media"
// includes its own RTSP/RTP server implementation, which you should
use instead.  For tips on using our
// RTSP/RTP server implementation, see the "testOnDemandRTSPServer"
demo application, and/or the
// "live555MediaServer" application (in the "mediaServer") directory.