[Live-devel] New LIVE555 version, now supports 'trick play' on H.264 Transport Stream files

Paul Corke Paul.Corke at datatote.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 02:05:19 PST 2011

On 05 January 2011 17:02, Ross Finlayson wrote:

> 'stuttering' if the same file is streamed from our RTSP server) are
> usually caused by a problem with the PCR timestamps in the file.
> (The server's "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" object - which regulates
> the rate at which the data is output - uses the file's PCR timestamps
> to dynamically compute an estimate of the 'duration' of each
> Transport Stream packet, which in turn is used by the server to

We had a similar problem with MPEG2 files that are hardware
encoded with a Hauppauge PVR-150 card (CBR file).  The PCR
timestamps increase regularly but infrequently.

I fully understand that the liveMedia code should not be modified
but in case it's helpful to anyone, our workaround was to change
MPEG2TransportStreamFramer.cpp so that:

#define NEW_DURATION_WEIGHT 0.05

also due to the size of the jitter buffer on the receiver we have:

#define MAX_PLAYOUT_BUFFER_DURATION 0.25

Regards,

Paul.