[Live-devel] New LIVE555 version, now supports 'trick play' on H.264 Transport Stream files

BONNEAU Guy gbonneau at miranda.com
Wed Jan 5 09:32:53 PST 2011

Ross,

I am not sure if this has been already done but can I suggest that you scale the timer resolution of the testOnDemandRTSP application to 1 ms . This would help to lower the jitter of the RTP packets sent. Under Windows you can use TimeBeginPeriod(1) to do this. With Linux I guess there must me a mean to do it. I have been able to fix cases similar to the one described about VLC when streaming Mpeg2 TS with testOnDemandRTSP by lowering the timer resolution.

http://www.mail-archive.com/live-devel@lists.live555.com/msg05507.html

GB