[Live-devel] R: New LIVE555 version, now supports 'trick play' on H.264 Transport Stream files

Vincenzo Terracciano vincenzo.terracciano at its.na.it
Mon Jan 10 01:51:40 PST 2011

Dear all,

changing the values of the constants NEW_DURATION_WEIGHT
MAX_PLAYOUT_BUFFER_DURATION  I  solved a lot of the problems that  I said in
the last e-mail (rtsp on ts file that contains H264 video). Audio starving
remains only related  to the  discontinuities  in the transmission. Below I
report the VLC messages.

ts warning: discontinuity received 0x6 instead of 0x0 (pid=224)
ts debug: PMTCallBack called
ts debug: PATCallBack called
main warning: audio drift is too big (-178823), clearing out
main warning: mixer start isn't output start (-58466)
main debug: audio output is starving (248354), playing silence

The file has been recorded on the same host of the encoder component. Do you
think that I can have errors on the encoder side?

Thank you so much.

ITS S.p.A.
Vincenzo Terracciano,
Via Terragneta 90, 80058 Torre Annunziata(NA)
+39 081 5353392