[Live-devel] Conversion from H.264 to MPEG2 Transport Stream

Dunling Li dli at Cernium.com
Thu Jan 20 09:28:16 PST 2011

The demo program testH264VideoToTransportStream is stuck at the line
"(void)bv.get_expGolomb(); // frame_crop_right_offset" in
H264VideoStreamParser::analyze_seq_parameter_set_data, because get1Bit
always return 0 due to fCurBitIndex >= fTotNumBits.

The beginning bits of my video clip is 00 00 00 01 67 42 80 1e da 05 87
c4 00 00 00 0168 ce....
The video clip can be displayed in VLC player. Could you point me how to
fix this?

Thanks
Dunling

-----Original Message-----
From: live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com
[mailto:live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com] On Behalf Of Dunling Li
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 11:02 AM
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] Conversion from H.264 to MPEG2 Transport
Stream

Dear Ross,

Thank you so much for releasing the new version  of LIVE555 so quick. I
tested the demo "testH264VideoToTransportStream" using 4 second h264
video clip, the program stucked at endless loop and didn't write any
data to the output file. When I stepped into the codes, it got into the
following conditions
1.  "return 0;  // the parsing got interrupted" in function
H264VideoStreamParser::parse()
2. acquiredFrameSize=0 in MPEGVideoStreamFramer::continueReadProcessing

    // We were unable to parse a complete frame from the input, because:
    // - we had to read more data from the source stream, or
    // - the source stream has ended.
    This happened when I reduced BANK_SIZE to 15000 which is larger than
size of my video clip.

Could you help me or guide me to fix this?

Many thanks

Dunling Li
Cernium Corporation
1925 Isaac Newton Square, suite 300