[Live-devel] RTSP H264 frame inversion

korpal korpal28 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 01:25:36 PST 2011

Hi Live555 Team,

I have some problems with the H264 and RTSP streaming. In fact, I acquire
videos from some cameras, I compress them in H264 with the CUDA encoder (CQP
rate control), and then I stream them in RTSP through the Live555 lib.
My problem is that the result stream looks disturbed in VLC. I think that P
and B frames are inverted, or in other word that the video is played in DTS
order instead of PTS order ( IPBBIPBB... instead of IBBPIBBP...).
I do some tests that will confirm my idea. Notably, I try to set the IDR
period in the encoding part to 1 (I frame only), and so it works good. If I
save my ES in a video container with ffmpeg (avi, mks,...), my video is OK,
so I think that my NAL packets are OK too.
I join to this email a test.x264 file to give you an example.

I worked all the last week on this problem, and I didn't find an acceptable
solution. It would be great if you can help me.

Regards,
Stéphane