[Live-devel] MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer not terminating

Julian Scheel julian at jusst.de
Sun Jul 3 07:42:27 PDT 2011

Am Sonntag, den 03.07.2011, 07:22 -0700 schrieb Ross Finlayson:
> >is anyone else seeing the MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer not terminating at
> >all? When I start it with a path to a ts file it creates a tsx file as
> >expected and for a while it causes some CPU load.
> >A few moments later CPU load reduces to 0%, I guess indexing is
> >completed then, but the program will never terminate.
> >Whenever I interrupt it with gdb it points to this function, which
> >simply seems to wait for anything to happen in an endless loop.
> >BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep
> >
> >Is this a known issue?
>
> No.
>
> What OS are you running?  And are you using the pre-built version of
> "MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer" for that OS, or one that you built
> yourself, from source?

Problem occurs on Debian with recent livemedia-utils package from sid.
As well as on archlinux with custom build version from source.

> Also, please put an example ".ts" file - for which
> "MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer" did not terminate for you - on a
> publically-accessible web server, and send us the URL, so we can
> download and test it ourself.

Actually when preparing a file for upload I just realised, that the
problem only occurs when the files are stored on a smb mounted share. If
I copy the file to a local disk it works well. Any thoughts on this?

-Julian