[Live-devel] Sending speed is not enough

Anders Chen anders_chen at huntelec.com.tw
Tue Jul 5 02:59:20 PDT 2011

Dear Sir,

    LIVE555 will do "select()" before sending every packet of a frame(any task in fact).
    It spends extra times, especially when the frame size is big.
    Maybe another reason is that my CPU is not fast enough.
    On my slow CPU (200MHz), it is difficult to send a real time streaming of JPEG / 20Mbps, even in a local network.
    (* I aware that JPEG is a bad format for real time streaming.)
    But it works fine when I stream it via HTTP (sending a frame by select() once and send() once).

    Is it really necessary to "select()" for every packet? or any advise?

    Thank you.

Anders