[Live-devel] RTP over TCP bugs

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jul 18 01:02:07 PDT 2011

>Could you please clarify this a bit? If I understand correctly, we
>must therefore upgrade
>both our server and client code to use the latest live media version
>to avoid the server
>hanging? Or would updating the client code to use the new async
>RTSPClient code suffice?

I'm not interested in any alleged server bug, unless the server is
running an up-to-date version of our software (in which case it
doesn't matter what version of our software the client is running, or
whether or not the client is using the synchronous or asynchronous
interface).  Similarly, I'm not interested in any alleged client bug,
unless the client is running an up-to-date version of our software
(in which case it doesn't matter what version of our software the
server is running).

However, if you have control over *both* the client and server
software, then it would be best if you upgrade both the client and
the server to the latest version.

In any case, I can't really help you with a non-specific bug claim
(e.g., "CPU usage spikes to 100%") unless you can show how it can be
repeated using our supplied, unmodified software and demo
applications (the latest version, of course).

If, however, you have a problem that arises only with your own,
custom code, then you're going to have to track down *specifically*
what is happening, and in which part of our code.  Sorry (but
Remember, You Have Complete Source Code).

Referring to old archived email messages usually doesn't help,
because the problems referred to in those emails either weren't real,
or else should have been fixed in later versions of the code.