[Live-devel] AAC live streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jul 18 22:41:25 PDT 2011

>Trying to use live555 to stream AAC audio. Our source

Do "we" not have our own domain name? :-)

>  is a TI dsp that does the compression from PCM source. So the
>output from the TI chip is the AAC pieces. I saved the AAC output
>from the chip to a file, test.aac, then used the testOndemandServer
>to stream it, I could receive and decode it very well with VLC. Then
>I tried to stream it directly without saving it first. I know the
>streaming part will use MPEG4GenericRTPSink(), what about
>audioSource? How to calculate the timestamps based of input configs
>like sampleRate, bitRate, etc?

See http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast

You will need to write an "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" subclass
that's similar to the existing "ADTSAudioFileServerMediaSubsession"
class, except that the "createNewStreamSource()" virtual function -
instead of returning a "ADTSAudioFileSource " - will return an
instance of a new class - that you will write - that encapsulates
your AAC encoder.  This encoder class would need to return three
parameters that are needed by the RTP sink created by
"createNewRTPSink()": the sampling frequency, the 'config string',
and the number of channels.