[Live-devel] AAC live streaming

gather bzbz gbzbz at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 01:10:46 PDT 2011

Hi,

Trying to use live555 to stream AAC audio. Our source is a TI dsp that does the compression from PCM source. So the output from the TI chip is the AAC pieces. I saved the AAC output from the chip to a file, test.aac, then used the testOndemandServer to stream it, I could receive and decode it very well with VLC. Then I tried to stream it directly without saving it first. I know the streaming part will use MPEG4GenericRTPSink(), what about audioSource? How to calculate the timestamps based of input configs like sampleRate, bitRate, etc?

Thanks!