[Live-devel] RTSP Url Parameters And Live Vs Playback

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 22 16:53:40 PDT 2011

>Checkout this thread
>http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2011-June/013470.html
>
>I was trying to do something similar to what you are doing and I
>think I also started down the path you are headed and ultimately
>Ross showed me a much much easier way to do what i wanted.

Yes, the solution that I proposed then was that rather than
overriding "RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession::handleCmd_DESCRIBE()", you
override "RTSPServer:: lookupServerMediaSession()".  You would parse
the URL suffix (the "streamName" parameter) to get the "startTime"
and "endTime" parameters that you want, and then create a new
"ServerMediaSession" (with appropriate "ServerMediaSubsession"s)
object, passing it the "startTime" and "endTime" parameters, which it
would remember.

Then, for each new "ServerMediaSubsession" subclass that you're
defining, you redefine the "createNewStreamSource()" virtual function
to pass the "startTime" and "endTime" parameters to your source
object, when you create it.

(Alternatively, you could redefine the "seekStream()" virtual
function in your "ServerMediaSubsession" subclasses, and call that.)