[Live-devel] Modifying LiveMedia RTSPServer classes to support URI parameters

Matt Schuckmannn matt at schuckmannacres.com
Tue Jun 14 11:33:05 PDT 2011

Has anyone succeeded in modifying the LiveMedia classes to support
accepting parameters in the URI, something like the following to request
a specific height and width, bitrate, and framerate:

rtsp://media.server.com/live_video?height=320&width=400&kbps=300&fps=15

With a H.264 stream changing some of these parameters will change the
SPS, and PPS and thus change the SDP. The way RTSPServer,
ServerMediaSession, and OnDemandMediaSession work they all make
assumptions about the media name and that the SDP will not change and
key parts of each classes interfaces are not virtual so changing things
appears to be difficult without changing the LiveMedia code. I just
wanted to ask if anybody else has tackled this task and how it went for
them.

Thanks,
Matt S.

PS I will admit that I'm still using a somewhat older version of
LiveMedia, if recent changes to the library has made this task easier
let me know and I'll look into updating things.