[Live-devel] hasBeenSynchronizedUsingRTCP()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 29 08:40:07 PDT 2011

That suggests that the camera does, indeed, send RTCP "SR" packets.  See http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#rtcp-synchronization-issue

> , do I need to explicitly request sync of the video stream when I only want video?

The "hasBeenSynchronizedUsingRTCP()" function does not 'request' synchronization; synchronization happens automatically off RTCP "SR" packets are received.  The "hasBeenSynchronizedUsingRTCP()" function merely tells you whether the received presentation times can be considered accurate.

> One last question, does sync offset the PTS and allow it to appear as if it is the same ntp stamp as the receiver?

I don't understand this question.  But application code should never need to concern itself with RTP timestamps.  Just work with "presentation times".