[Live-devel] How To codify the testH264videoStreamer Program in order to transmit NAL units?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 1 19:29:21 PDT 2011

Sorry for the long delay in responding to this.  (I've been traveling
for the past two months, and am way behind on email.)

>I am trying to modify the "testH264VideoStreamer" program in order
>to get NAL unit instead of using file.
>I have developed an user interface to work with x264 library. the UI
>is able to encode each frame and generate NAL nits using x264
>library. Now, I want to integrate this UI with
>"testH264VideoStreamer" program.
>I have some question:
>1-How can I pass the NAL unit to this program directly?

The easiest way to do this is to have make your encoder a separate
application that outputs its NAL units (each prefixed with
0x00000001, of course) to 'stdout', and then pipe it to
"testH264VideoStreamer" (modified to read its input from "stdin"
rather than from "test.264").

Alternatively (but more difficult), you could write your own
"FramedSource" subclass that encapsulates your encoder, and modify
the "testH264VideoStreamer" code to read from an instance of this
class, rather than from a "ByteStreamFileSource" - as described in
the FAQ.