[Live-devel] Boolean.hh and mshtml.h : 'False' : redefinition; previous definition was 'enumerator' error

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Sat Jun 4 16:33:48 PDT 2011

I have a browser plugin project that uses live555 and did some re-arranging and have managed to break my build, but I can't see my way out of it.

I am building in Visual studio 2010 pro and have been for 6 months.

The conflict is because the project uses mshtml.h inside of the activex part of the framework. It defines an enumeration with an element that is "False"
Boolean.hh also tries to define a non-enumeration that is named "False"

Here is the error: (I get one on redefinition of 'True' also)
rtsp\usageenvironment\include\boolean.hh(26): error C2365: 'False' : redefinition; previous definition was 'enumerator'

I do not know how I had it building for the last 6 months. How can I get these to be in different scopes, there are no namespaces in the MS or the live555 headers.