[Live-devel] Live555 and G.711 WAV Files

Wallace, Steve Steve.Wallace at verint.com
Mon Jun 6 05:47:04 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm running into an issue with streaming G.711 WAV files using a combination of:

Live555MediaServer [LIVE555 Media Server version 0.66 (LIVE555 Streaming Media library version 2011.03.14)]
Windows Media Player 11.0
G.711 WAV file
All running on Windows XP Pro

The same combination of versions works well when streaming MP3 files. Before I dive into the source code, can you tell me if Live555MediaServer supports streaming of G.711 WAV files? If so, do you have any insight on where the issue might be? If it helps, I'm encountering the same problem with:

Live555MediaServer [LIVE555 Media Server version 0.66 (LIVE555 Streaming Media library version 2011.03.14)]
MPlayer 4.2.5
G.711 WAV file
All running on Windows XP Pro

MPlayer reports  "File not found or Invalid Format".

Thanks!
Steve

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above.
If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient),
you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.
If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.