[Live-devel] 264 raw byte buffer directly to streamer

Sokratis Barmpounakis sokratis.barmpounakis at unige.ch
Thu Jun 9 05:03:22 PDT 2011

Hello,

I want to modify the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" test program for streaming via
unicast, so that I take the input from a byte buffer inside my C++ code, and
not from a file. I have already the corresponding paragraph in FAQ. There is
no input device (so I don't think I can use stdin etc).
In particular, I am encoding some other buffer with x264lib and I get raw
264 data bytes.

The testOnDemandRTSPServer works perfectly if the encoder writes these raw
264 data into a .264 file.
(Tested it with VLC)
However, I want the system to work live (not wait for the file to be closed,
then open it and stream).

More simply:   In the same loop where each video frame is encoded, I want to
send directly the encoded bytes to be streamed.

I really need some ideas...

Thank you very much in advance,
Sokratis.