[Live-devel] Question about trickmode with liveMediaserver

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 10 22:11:19 PDT 2011

>I am testing RTSP/RTP with liveMediaserver with MPEG2-TS.
>I made index file and the file for trickmode using
>testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay.exe
>
>For example, original contents is avatar.ts
>index file is avatar.tsx and file for trickplay is avatar2.ts

You have misunderstood the purpose of the
"testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay" application.  This application is
*not* needed to implement server 'trick play' operations for
Transport Streams.  Instead, it is merely a demonstration application
that *simulates* the effect of trick play, by generating a new
Transport Stream (from the original transport stream) that can be
played directly by a media player.

To support 'trick play' for your file "avatar.ts", you need *only*
generate the index file "avatar.tsx" - by running:
	MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer avatar.ts
Then make sure that both "avatar.ts" and "avatar.tsx" are present in
the same directory as the "live555MediaServer" application.

Once again, see
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/transport-stream-trick-play.html

>1. Is it possible the trickplay on VLC with liveMediaserver ?

Yes, using VLC's 'fast forward' (i.e. ">>") GUI button.