[Live-devel] rtsp h264 extracting

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Jun 11 08:08:53 PDT 2011

>I need to extract h264 frames from valid rtsp stream (that is
>initialized with url path). How can I do this? I've managed to
>extract some video data from rtsp stream but don't know what to do
>with it next.

Our RTSP client code - when receiving H.264/RTP streams - delivers
H.264 NAL units (one at a time).  You'll need to feed this data to a
H.264 decoder (software or hardware).

Note, however, that our software does *not* do any audio or video
decoding.  You'll need to find/write separate software (or hardware)
to do this.