[Live-devel] Modifying LiveMedia RTSPServer classes to support URI parameters

Matt Schuckmannn matt at schuckmannacres.com
Tue Jun 14 13:48:23 PDT 2011

On 6/14/2011 11:59 AM, Jeff Shanab wrote:
> By rtsp you mean as a client?
No I'm talking about modifying the RTSPServer which a client will
connect to.

> The system often connects and is told by the server what it supports.  DESCRIBE,SETUP,PLAY
>
> I am talking to security cameras and I am expecting on some cameras this info to change. I will detect this on the fly from a changed PPS and SPS. Indeed since I embed them or they are embedded in the stream it is the decoder that detects this on decode of first frame made by the [7][8][5]

Yes I've seen security cameras that support the type of URI I'm talking
about (Axis comes to mind first).

I think I've already been doing what you suggest, i.e. leave the PPS and
SPS in the byte stream and let the decoder detect the changes and react
accordingly, and it works quite well as long as I have complete control
over the client (for a long time I didn't even bother to put the PPS and
SPS in the SDP)
However, I'm starting to work with a client (a RTSP to RTMP protocol
trans-coder) that is not OK with this so I need to allow things to be
setup correctly in the SDP from the get go.

Matt S.