[Live-devel] RTSP Server crash on TEARDOWN

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 24 07:46:31 PDT 2011

>The server is basically working and I can connect via a client such
>as VLC. However, when I click on Stop in the client, which sends a
>TEARDOWN command, my server crashed with a SIGPIPE error. I've built
>my app with a debug version of Live555 and managed to get the
>following debug trace. However on SIGPIPE, Eclipse (my IDE) can't
>give me a stack trace. It looks like the crash is somewhere in
>RTPInterface.cpp, sendRTPOverTCP. Maybe the socket has been closed
>under my feet.

Well, the server code implements the RTSP "TEARDOWN" command by
deleting the "RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession" object.  Perhaps your
subclass[*] of "RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession" is deleting your
pipe's endpoint socket?  If this pipe is a property of the data being
streamed, rather than a particular client, then it should really be
associated with your "ServerMediaS(ubs)ession" subclass[*], rather
than with the "RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession".

[*] I say *subclass* because, as you know, you should not be
modifying the supplied source code at all.