[Live-devel] Bug about demo.aac

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 1 02:17:31 PST 2011

>The demo.aac is the one in
>http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/public/aac/. I just use
>live555MediaServer.exe as the server, VLC and openRTSP as the
>clients. The samplerate from the SDP description is 22050 hz, but the
>audio decoder (faad) in VLC reports the value of 44100hz, that's
>strange and something maybe wrong.

I don't believe there's any bug in our code.

The first 4 (i.e., header) bytes from "demo.aac" are: ff f9 5d 80
This gives (from the ADTS file format specification): profile=1;
sampling_frequency_index = 7 (which means that the sampling frequency
is 22050); channel_configuration = 6
(See "ADTSFileSource.cpp")

In any case, using VLC as a client, the file plays correctly if
streamed by our server (e.g., from "live555MediaServer"), and also if
played directly.  So there's no problem.