[Live-devel] Need Help regarding RTSP interface

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Mar 12 00:36:34 PST 2011

At 12:07 PM +0530 3/12/11, manukranthk at gmail.com wrote:
>I am an undergrad doing a course in Computer Networks .

Does your school not have its own domain name? :-)

>As a part of the project we are supposed to implement a simple VOD
>system for MPEG file format.
>We planned to use RTSP for this purpose.
>I found that live555 has implemented RTSP also.
>I tried to read the documentation on the site, but got lost in it.
>Could you please help me how I could use the RTSP interface
>implemented in your library.
>Or give a direction how I could start understanding your library.

You should start by reading the FAQ: http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html

To help understand how RTSP clients are implemented, look at the
"openRTSP" source code (in "testProgs/playCommon.cpp" and
"testProgs/openRTSP.cpp").

To help understand how RTSP servers are implemented, look at the code
for the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application.