[Live-devel] Replacing reading from file by reading from buffer

Rafael Madeira rafael.madeira at idea-ip.com
Wed Mar 16 10:19:38 PDT 2011

Hi, Ross

maybe i was unclear about my point.

Until now, i can compile my application with C and C++ sources. So, i'm able
to copy the "testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp" code to my application.

I want do that to turn the thread responsible for send the TS generated data
(in mu app) in a RTSP server and avoid using unamed pipes ( which are very
little robust and controled by SO).

My sender thread receives in a "infinite" loop data being generated by other
thread (capture, video, audio, etc...) and my goal is make the server read
this data and send to the RTSP client (VLC).

I notice the server reads from a open (by fopen) file and i think i should
change this to read direct from the buffers my sender thread constanlty
receives.

I'm right??

Tanks,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>wrote:

> I'm achieving some level of success in using LIVE555 as a library for my C
>> application until now. The goal is live streaming TS (Transport Stream with
>> H264 video and AAC audio) direct from my application to VLC client.
>>
>> But i believe some changes must be done because the program i'm using as
>> example (testMPEG2TransportStreamer.cpp) read the TS from a file and now the
>> data which must be streamed will arrive by internal buffers.
>>
>> How tell to live 555 library to read from some buffer directly instead
>> from a file?
>>

> See http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput
> --
>
> Ross Finlayson