[Live-devel] LIVE555 Media Server

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Thu Mar 17 07:48:28 PDT 2011

On 3/16/2011 6:56 AM, Jobe Lawn wrote:

> well,, I'm just plain user not a coder,

Live555 is a C++ code library first and foremost.

> I was wondering if there is
> some commandLine params to alter the behivour...

Nope.  live555MediaServer totally ignores parameters passed on the
command line currently.  One could change it, if one were a programmer.

There's no better way to learn how to program than having a project that
forces you to learn in order to complete it.  Live555 is a very deep
pool to dive into, but adding a command line parser to
live555MediaServer would be a fine first project.  man 3 getopt.

> VLC can't produce good RTSP output

VLC relies on Live555 to do RTSP, so if VLC can't do a thing, Live555
probably can't do it either, out of the box at least.

http://www.videolan.org/doc/streaming-howto/en/ch05.html