[Live-devel] Play out PCR from gettimeofday rather than source stream?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Mar 21 17:00:29 PDT 2011

>I see that timeNow is already stood up in in
>MPEG2TransportStreamFramer.cpp - is there a quick and dirty way
>to insert PCR based on this time, at time of playout, rather than
>pass through the source PCR?

No, not really, and this is a bad idea anyway.  The PCR values that
were inserted in the files at the time that they were encoded will
always be more accurate (and better for decoders to use) than values
derived from 'gettimeofday()'.

Instead, you should make sure that your TS files have the
'discontinuity_indicator' flag set at the start.  Our
"MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" code recognizes this flag, as should the
decoder in your STB.