[Live-devel] Problem making a proxy

edi87 at fibertel.com.ar edi87 at fibertel.com.ar
Wed Mar 23 12:16:07 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to do some type of proxy with live555.
I have an IP camera that stream video+audio and I want to create a proxy that stream the camera stream to multiple clients because the camera only accepts one client online.

What I did is create a RTSPClient to get the SDP from the camera and then create a MediaSession with that SDP.

Later I create a ServerMediaSession and add the subsessions (audio and video) from the MediaSession (camera).

I created a subclass of ServerMediaSubsession so it creates the Sinks as I needed (codecs).
It works fine, I open the stream with multiple VLC and I can see the stream (audio + video).

Now I want to add a feature to only receive video, I mean to open the camera stream (audio+video) but only re-stream the video to the clients, so I tried just adding the subsession for video but then when I open the proxy stream with VLC it works only for a few seconds and then close.

What I really need is to offer both things, so a client can connect to my proxy as: rtsp://<IP>/streamwithaudio to get audio+video stream or rtsp://<IP>/streamwithoutaudio to get only video.

Is that possible using only one client to the camera? or I need to create 2 MediaSessions to the camera?

Can anybody point me a bit on it?

Thanks in advance