[Live-devel] AAC Streaming Jitter

Steve McFarlin steve at stevemcfarlin.com
Sun Mar 27 20:12:00 PDT 2011

Hello -

I am evaluating Live555 for a project of mine. I am currently trying to stream AAC. I am using the unsupported 'publish' to darwin class, so I understand if there is no help on this. My problem is the stream is very jittery. There is a pause at regular intervals between the playing back of the stream. This could very well be with my server. I just wanted to know if I am setting up my test correctly on the Live555 side.

<input file is test.aac from the samples FTP>
ADTSAudioFileSource* adtsSource = ADTSAudioFileSource::createNew(*env, inputFileName);
RTPSink *audioSink =  MPEG4GenericRTPSink::createNew(*env, &rtpGroupsockAudio,
                                   false,
                                   adtsSource->samplingFrequency(),
                                   "audio", "AAC-hbr", adtsSource->configStr(),
                                   adtsSource->numChannels());
*env << "Beginning to read from file...\n";
audioSink->startPlaying(*adtsSource, afterPlaying, audioSink);

If it makes any difference my server is reporting an invalid time scale value of 0. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks,
Steve