[Live-devel] Can't detect resolution of video recorderd with openRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 23 12:20:54 PDT 2011

>Hi, I'm recording videos of an Axis M 1031 camera with openRTSP,
>saving the output to a mov file, in some cases I can't play the
>video with mplayer or VLC, or convert it with ffmpeg, because none
>of them can get the resolution of the mov file.

I'm not an expert on the "mov" format, so I suggest that you ask the
developers of one of these clients (MPlayer, VLC, or FFMPEG), asking
them what they think is wrong with your file.

Depending on what you find, it's quite likely that our
"QuickTimeFileSink" code could be improved/fixed to overcome this
problem.  Please let us know what you find.