[Live-devel] Can't detect resolution of video recorderd with openRTSP

Manuel manuel.carrizo at intraway.com
Wed Mar 23 12:52:56 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 16:20, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

>  Hi, I'm recording videos of an Axis M 1031 camera with openRTSP, saving
>> the output to a mov file, in some cases I can't play the video with mplayer
>> or VLC, or convert it with ffmpeg, because none of them can get the
>> resolution of the mov file.
>>

> I'm not an expert on the "mov" format, so I suggest that you ask the
> developers of one of these clients (MPlayer, VLC, or FFMPEG), asking them
> what they think is wrong with your file.
>
> Depending on what you find, it's quite likely that our "QuickTimeFileSink"
> code could be improved/fixed to overcome this problem.  Please let us know
> what you find.

 Thank you, I will ask to the developers of ffmpeg and come back here. The
implementation of QuickTimeFileSink is based only in the documentation of
Apple available at [1] or there are other documents that I should read?

[1]
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/QuickTime/QTFF/QTFFChap2/qtff2.html

Manuel