[Live-devel] How to bypass streamlimit causes by EventTriggerIDs

Fischer Daniel d.fischer at ids-imaging.de
Mon May 2 00:08:37 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am using live555 to stream several network cameras. For that I generate one RTSP-Server and for every camera a subsession on this server with a new URL. To signal the TaskScheduler, that there is a new frame for a stream, I use a EventTriggerID. Every stream has his own EventTriggerID. Now I got the problem, that the EventTriggerID is generated by a bitmask (0x80000000), and the line

“m_EventTriggerId = envir().taskScheduler().createEventTrigger(deliverFrame0);”

generates only 32 EventTriggerID´s, so that I have a maximum of 32 stream receivers.

Now my question: Is it possible to solve that problem without generating more RTSP-Server with different TaskScheduler on different ports? Can you make me a suggestion how I bypass these limit of maximum stream receivers?

Thank you for your efforts

With greet

Daniel Fischer

Viele Grüße / Best regards
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)
Daniel Fischer
iGuard - Development

IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH
Dimbacher Strasse 6-8 ▪ D-74182 Obersulm
Handelsregister: Stuttgart HRB 106225
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Hartmann, Armin Vogt, Torsten Wiesinger
T :        +49 (0)7134 / 961 96-0
F :        +49 (0)7134 / 961 96-99
E :        d.fischer at ids-imaging.de

Web: www.ids-imaging.com <http://www.ids-imaging.com/>  -  www.iguard.de <http://www.iguard.de/>
 P   Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail